30 July 2006

Justified (not Timberlake)

So here is a question that I have recently been thinking about. I hope that one of brave people that read my blog and comment might be able to give some insight.

Most Christians would agree that we are called to love God with all that we are and to love our neighbors as ourselves. We all struggle with the direct application of the command to love our enemies as well.

Question: why do some Christians find it necessary to try and justify the use of violence when they find out one of their fellow Christians considers themself a pacifist?

Correct me if I am miscommunicating, but I don't believe I am trying to "convert" all of Christianity into a life of pacifism. It is a central tenet to my faith.

Celibacy and poverty are central to the lives of some monastic orders, but they don't believe everybody should be celibate and/or poor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home