20 July 2006

Simple

Another idea that I think is central to Christianity is simplicity. Christians are not to worry about what they will eat, drink, or wear. We are not to worry about the future, but are to live in faith. Faith that God will take care of us and provide our every need.

I struggle to do this as much as most people. I have accumulated so much junk and debt in my short life because I believed I needed a lot of stuff. Most of my stuff is packed away in boxes and is never used. It may be used in the future when I move out of my parents' house but at the present it is useless.

How do Christians live simple lives in a country that tells us we need to accumulate more stuff to be happy and that we need to invest in our financial futures by buying stuff (houses, insurance, etc.) so that we will be prepared in case tragedy strikes?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home